For Sale by OwnerBook - 2008
Listing your home ""for sale by owner,"" or FSBO, can save an average of $10,000 in real estate commissions. That's why everyone's doing it. In 2005, over 2.25 million sold their home ""by owner."" Online FSBO options also are accelerating: In 2003, an astonishing 840,000 FSBOs used online listing services. And that rate is accelerating.
For years, the For Sale By Owner Kit has been a must-have resource, filled with essential checklists, sales forms, and sample ads designed to simplify the entire home selling process. Now fully updated, this sixth edition includes tips on:
- ""Staging"" a home to maximize its appeal.
- Pricing a home for quick sale.
- Managing all the necessary, but complicated, paperwork.
- Writing an air-tight, carefully worded sales agreement.
- Hiring fee-for-service agents.
Several entirely new chapters discuss handling disclosures and inspections fairly and honestly; getting full-service agents to work with you; and, most important, a detailed discussion on online home listings.