A Latina's Guide to Total HealthBook - 2002
Drawing on the latest research, this updated health handbook offers detailed information and advice on the specific medical issues and concerns of Hispanic women, furnishing timely facts on the treatment of HIV/AIDS, expanded data on assisted living and nursing home options, and a host of new resources and webpages. Original.
Featuring NEW resource lists of relevant books and NEW hotlines and organizations that help keep Latinas informed and healthy, this revised edition of Salud, compiled by a leading women's health care advocate and with authoritative guidance from the National Hispanic Women's Health Initiative, addresses with great sensitivity the special concerns of Latinas -- physiological, cultural, and spiritual. This essential resource discusses:
- How to become a smarter health care consumer
- How religious and spiritual traditions affect the way Latinas view their health
- Prevention and treatment of the diseases that most commonly affect Latinas,such as diabetes, cervical cancer, and depression
- Sexuality and reproductive health, from a Latina perspective
- The essential roles of diet and lifestyle in preventing health problems
Offers information and advice on the specific medical issues and concerns of Hispanic women, including the treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS, diabetes, cervical cancer, depression, and hypertension.